I am continually amazed at the beautiful (ok, sometimes horrifying) and unique ways knights accessorize their gear. Crests are a nice little pop of color or a way to make a bold statement about your exploits in the clockworks. They would also be a great way to show a little guild pride and let everyone know what a great group of knights have banded together in your guild.
Your objective is to create a 2D drawing of a crest representing your guild. If you aren't a member of a guild, imagine your ideal guild and create a crest. Write a short (1-2 sentences) description of the symbols on your crest and include the name of your guild.
Deadline: Deadline for entries is August 20 at 11:59 PM game time.
Entry Thread: http://forums.spiralknights.com/en/node/61353
Prizes: Winners will be able to pick between a 30 day elevator pass or a pocket monster (Chroma Whelp, Love Puppy, and Mewkat). The number of winners will be determined by the number of entries, but there will be at least 2 prizes awarded. Additional, smaller prizes may be give out if I feel moved.
- Create a 2D crest for your guild. Use can use any medium you would like - paint, crayons, pastels, artpad, or other digital art program.
- Take at least 2 photos/screenshots of the drawing. 1 should be of your work in progress. 1 should be of your final project and must include your knight name and the date it was completed in the image. This can be added on your art, or written on a card that is placed in the photo. Entries which do not have both the knight name and date of completion will be disqualified from judging.
- Host your photos online at a site such as imageshack or photobucket.
- Post your entry in the entry thread. http://forums.spiralknights.com/en/node/61353
- Your entry post should follow the template below below. (feel free to copy it and just fill in your info).
- You may only enter one crest, so if you make more than one, post your best or favorite.
- Deadline for entries is August 20 at 11:59 PM game time.
Please use the template below to create your entry. This will make sure we don't disqualify you because you forgot anything.
Describe how your drawing was created (the medium):
The name of your guild and a brief description of the crest (1-2 sentences):
URL for progress picture:
URL for finished picture (including your knight name and date of completion):
Prize preference: A 30 day elevator pass or specify which pocket monster you want (Chroma Whelp, Love Puppy, or Mewkat).
I'll be keeping this area updated with important questions asked in the thread.
Q: Will these be added to the game in a future guild update?
A: No, these are just for fun.
Q: Any size restrictions?
Q: Can I submit art I've already made?
A: No, for this event it needs to be original art that was created specifically for this event.
Q: Can I host my images somewhere else besides photobucket or image shack?
A: Yes, you can host your images anywhere that is convenient for you, as long as you can provide a direct link to your crest in your entry.